
We had some folks drop by our house this weekend...they were on a mission to find the Black Bear Cabin, a house they lived in, in the 1940's. Leola, a sweet lady, lived here when she was 10, and she wanted to get a peek at her old stompin' grounds.
She showed me this old black and white photo, from her travels up this way back in 1965, and she was kind enough to let me make a copy of it. When she lived here, the large picture windows had not been added in yet, that was something Justin's Grandfather added later.
I guess the place has changed quite a bit since then :)

Pay no attention to all the junk we have scattered around the yard...its been one of those weeks...er...summers! :)
I worked all weekend at the Resort, so its been a crazy weekend all around! I did manage to get a few more squares embellished for the second crazy quilt swap.

Faye wanted black and white, with black, white but mostly red embellishments...her theme...think 60's! I think i came pretty close to that, especially with the Alexander Henry fabric in the middle :)

Cheryl wanted a cream and white block with pink to burgandy embellishments. Unfortunately, this photo looks rather yellow, and it is much prettier in person. I was going for a bit of a garden theme here...hope she likes it!
Anyways, thats about it up here on the mountain...hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
2 comments:
You have cleverly managed to make two blocks using the same technique, which are completely different in mood, but both looking great! (Love the Alexander Henry fabric by the way!)
I love seeing old photographs of places and then seeing what they look like in the present day.
How great that you were able to get a copy of the picture.
Post a Comment