
Well, its almost done...my ALQS quilt for ? All it needs is a hanging sleeve and the label, and its on its way to ? Im pleased with it, though i wouldnt say its perfect. Had a few puckers, and mismatched points, but it was made from the heart, so i hope its loved by its receiver just the same. Ill be happy to know what she/he thinks of it.

Its been rather busy up here...summer is in full bloom, and we are now bee keepers. The hive was delivered on Saturday morning...you can see part of it in the photo below...that is, if you can look past the bear :) The small stone building in the background...see the window with the bars on it (i guess you can figure why we had to put bars on it). We also picked up a few fruit trees on Sunday...its always been Justin's dream to have a small orchard, so hopefully these trees take to our weather and altitude.

This little bear showed up Wednesday afternoon, and again tonight. As you can see, she knocked our garbage over looking for goodies. She is pretty young, and seems to be alone...not sure if the momma bear is around, or if she abandoned this one to have more cubs, but she seems rather young to be alone. (we think its a she). I hope she doesnt make our garbage can part of her daily routine. Bears make an awful mess!

And speaking of mess...this little terror had fun with her markers, and colored all over herself. She is definitely nearing those terrible twos...frustrating, funny, challenging, and loving, all at the same time. But look at that face...how could she possibly be a terrible two :)
8 comments:
Darling quilt! Love all the pictures, the quilt, baby and the little bear. How exciting to have a bee hive and fruit trees.
Sheri
I would be terrified to let Jordyn out to play with all the bears you have had.
small bear, wha'cha'talkin'bout'willis? that bear looks big to me! I love the picture of Jordyn with that funky hat and marker on her face :). Love the quilt too, it turned out very pretty, I am sure the person you made it for will love it. love ya
Yeah, you seem a little calm about the bear situation... obviously, we have different perspectives on normal! (She is kind of cute, though!)
The quilt is stunning, great job.
Not so sure I'd want a bear for a neighbour, especially if I were a bee keeper!
Bees and bears...hmmm, you like to make life interesting, don't you?
That bear is a cutie, and I assume you keep a very close eye on your little girl so she doesn't scare the bear, right?
Terible two's are a fearsome thing to behold!!!
Looks good - can I steal the photo for the swap blog? :)
boy when you say Blackbear Cabin you really mean black bear cabin. what a cutie pie but scary all the same. the bear, not your daughter ;-)
Post a Comment