I started doing this in 2008 and i really enjoy looking back on them...so here goes.....
I'm feeling...very thankful! 2013 certainly had its ups and downs. Justin lost his job of some 20 years in March, and i was hired on as the new preschool teacher at Red Feather in the Fall. When one door closes, another one opens i guess. Justin is now concentrating on his business, Heliotrack, and doing a lot of solar research. Its scary taking that big step, but we seem to be making a go of things so far, and that makes me feel very thankful!
I'm seeing...a festive living room filled with Christmas goodies everywhere! Presents still sitting in the living room, pretty lights on the tree, cats cozy in front of the fire, a wonderful afternoon indeed!
I'm thinking...about all the projects id like to create to add to my Etsy site. Ive sold one item, which was exciting, but traffic on my site as been a bit slow since, so i want to add more to it. I have lots of crocheting ideas, painting ideas, and quilting ideas...now i just need to find the time to do them :)
I'm appreciating...the time off with my family! With the chaos of a new career, training, classes, and all of my volunteer work, i have had little time to relax with my family. The holidays were a bit stressful for me this year, something that normally doesnt happen to me, so i am happy to just relax at home with Justin and Jordyn, cranky-free! (im sure Justin is happy as well) :)
I'm cooking...nothing at the moment! We've enjoyed left overs all day, and then we will be heading up to Aunt LeAnns for what has become our traditional New Years Eve celebration feast of Seafood goodness! LeAnn is providing the main courses: lobster, shrimp and crab, and im bringing the salad, and some appetizers, so no cooking involved for me this time around.
I'm planning...to get a jump on my health! Once again i find myself overweight and out of shape! I tend to work out for a few months and then fall off the exercise wagon, but it needs to become a lifestyle and not just a phase. Ive spent a lot of time sitting at my computer with the new job, and i do not like feeling sluggish! As i get older, the weight seems more difficult to lose. Its time to get moving!
I'm reading...The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Im about half way through and really enjoying it. Its the first ive purchased for my new Kindle, and its been fun reading an ebook. Heck, with the new job, all the training, and the class i had to take last semester, its been fun reading for pleasure at all! :)
I'm wearing...flannel pajamas...thats right, im still in my pj's! im thinking of going ice skating in a bit, so i suppose i will have to get dressed. :)
I'm creating...well, not much at the moment. Most of my spare time has been spent exploring crafts and projects for my preschoolers, but in that process, i am still creating and having fun. Jordyn gets to make a lot of these crafts as well, so thats been fun. I have one more class to get out of the way for the new job, and then i can hopefully get back to my projects. Im hoping in the next school year, when i am not taking classes, i might be able to work on art projects in my classroom after school.
I'm hearing...Jordyn's My Little Pony Game that shes playing on her new Nexus tablet. She has been watching My Little Pony episodes, and playing her game all afternoon...i think its time to get outside for a bit!
I'm enjoying...a warm fire on this very windy day. Its 35 outside, but the wind has been miserable. It looks like the wind has finally died down though, so its time to go ice skating...be right back!
I'm sharing...a few photos of our ice skating fun this afternoon!





No comments:
Post a Comment