Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lower Canyon Flooding!

 Justin just emailed me these photos of the canyon today...i cant believe he drove through this mess!  Looks like the other drivers werent so brave (or crazy :)  Between the fires and the floods, the lower canyon is getting its butt kicked this season!  What a mess!  Hopefully the road crew gets this all cleaned up before he has to drive home!  :)
 Meanwhile, im participating in a birthday block of the month swap on about.com.  Each person gets a "birthday" month, and during their month they receive a block to their specs, but since we only have 6 to a group, we make two each month so the person still receives 12.  Anyways, Ms September wanted Homespun fabrics in the Bear Tracks pattern from Marcia Hohns quilters cache, so here they are...hope she likes them!  Ive never worked with homespuns before...not sure what i think of them...they are pretty...but a little flimsy!  Anyways, im off to do more quilting! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look but agree.. homespuns are flimsy. :o)

Lynda said...

The blocks look great! I agree with you about the fabric. The Japanese look homespuns because they say they're very maleable, but I find them slightly unstable, although they certainly look good.

Anonymous said...

I really like your homespun blocks...very pretty.

Shame about the flooding though...hope things dry up soon...