Monday, January 23, 2012

We Love You Jen!!!


On Saturday i received a call from my cousin Christy...her sister in law, Jen, had a serious fall down some stairs and was admitted into the hospital with a critical brain injury.  I immediately headed down the mountain to be with family.
We went to the hospital early Sunday morning, and Christy and i got to visit her in the ICU before it was decided she needed surgery to have a tube put in, to help relieve some of the pressure from the swelling and bleeding.  We all sat for hours as more family and friends joined us in the waiting room, in fact there was quite a crowd of us hogging up a good portion of the waiting room.  We all cried, shared stories, laughed, and then cried some more...waiting to hear some good news.
Finally, the doctor came out to tell us that the surgery went well, and that the pressure had been relieved, and after a few days of heavy sedation, she might be able to come out of the medically induced coma and we could go from there.  She is not out of the woods yet, but the life threat has been taken care of, and that is comforting.  Hang in there Jen...WE LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

I sure hope all goes well. With all the family support, I'm sure she will recover nicely.

Tammy said...

Praying for Jen and her family. I hope that in the next few days things look better for her and that she will have a full recovery and be back to her old self in no time. Hugs Lisa!!

Country Whispers said...

Oh how awful!
Glad to hear that the surgery was able to help. I hope that she can come out of the coma with only minor hurdles to climb.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and Jen that she makes a full recovery. ((hugs))

Christine Thresh said...

I'm sending good thoughts to you and Jen.