Friday, January 27, 2012

Creative Construction and Some Good News!

 Jordyn's school has started a program on Friday afternoons called Creative Construction Enrichment.  The older kids get to do Lego Robotics, which is awesome by the way...and the younger kids get to create with Legos, and other fun building materials.  They had to create something and then describe what it does.  Then they had to draw a picture of it and write a sentence about it...very fun indeed.  Jordyn created a pumpkin launcher, for punkin chunkin...guess she caught the bug from her cousin Greg :)  I went to help and take photos...well, mostly take photos, but it was a lot of fun for the kids and i think they all had a great time.  I wish we did cool stuff like this when i was in school :)
And for those of you that read my last post and have sent get well wishes and hugs, here is Jens latest up date from her sister in law Kelly~

Brown eyed girl
Today, Jennifer made a little more progress SHE OPENED HER EYES!!! She opened her eyes for her wonderful nurse Peggy, didn't keep them open for long but just enough to give us all more HOPE. She will still squeeze your hand on command and is still moving all her limbs. They removed the drainage tube from her head as well YAY!! She had spiked a fever yesterday, but thankfully it has... gone down. Her vitals are stable and she is getting lots of rest today. Physical therapy was in today and sat her up for a little while so that was good.

Are you ready for some even more good news?? McKenna Grace got to see her mommy for the first time since the accident! She handled it so well and stayed strong for her mommy. Jennifer's nurse was in the room explaining all the machines and tubes to her and when she came out to the waiting room she was grinning ear to ear :)

Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming. Also, just wanted to remind everyone if you are wanting to donate money to Jen, we set up a donation website at www.giveforward.com/jenniferstoddard.

Love,
Kelly M

4 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

A friend of mine has one of her children (they are home schooled) in the lego robotics and he loves it!!! I'm so happy for the good news of your friend. That's quite encouraging.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the news about Jen...I've been thinking of her daily.

Tammy said...

Wow, what fun the school is putting on for the kids, wish I had participated in something like that, I might be more coordinated, haha. I'm so glad to hear about Jen and will continue to keep her in my prayers. Big Hugs!!

Country Whispers said...

Great news about Jen and I hope she continues to move quickly in a positive direction.
My kids love lego robotics too!
Actually they love anything that involves building and little pieces.