Thursday, October 27, 2011

A week of Mayhem and Madness ~

Well, it has been a crazy-busy week and shows no signs of stopping, so i thought i would try to catch you up on our activities...
Last Wednesday, Jordyns class went on another field trip...this time to Magpie Meander nature trail, where some Master Naturalists were there to give a tour.  They learned about the 5 senses, the food chain, and the similarities between people and trees.  The weather was gorgeous, a perfect day for a hike,  and all the kids had fun!  On the way home, we all stopped for ice cream...nothing like a sugar high for the long drive home :)
Later that week, as i was talking to Jordyn, i noticed something in her mouth...TWO EXTRA TEETH!!!  She hasnt even lost the bottom teeth yet, and already a new pair is coming in.  Guess we better get to wiggling those two little teeth...looks like a visit from the tooth fairy may be in order soon!
On Sunday, Jordyn got to go to her very first costume birthday party!  Everett, the boy dressed as Wolverine, had a party filled with lots of games, crafts and fun.
Musical chairs was a big hit with the kids...Jordyn didnt quite get the rules at first, but when they played a few more rounds she figured it out.  And there were no losers at this party...whether you won or not, all kids got a prize.
And lets not forget cake and ice cream.....yummmmmm!
I enjoyed watching the kids gather around the birthday boy as he opened gifts...look at the excitement in their eyes...they cant seem to get close enough!
On Tuesday night, the snow began to fall...and fall...and fall!  By Wednesday morning, the house looked like this...
Good thing i had new tires put on my car this week!  By the end of the day on Wednesday, we had roughly 10 inches of snow outside.  Glad we opted not to go to school that day.  It wasnt a snow day, but when i called in to the school, they told me not to make the drive in....and i agreed!  So what do you do on a snow day...
Color on daddys back, of course!  Apparently, when daddy works at his computer, he lets Jordyn draw pictures on his back.  (must be something they normally do when im at work).  Its a clever way to keep her busy while he works...and check out the lovely crown and hair-do too....Justin is such a sport!
It was a crazy week indeed...oh, did i mention the doctor and dentist appointments we had too...its good to get it all over with, but jeesh!  Next time, remind me to spread it out a bit.  I am happy to report that my cholesterol went down about 30 points...hurray!  Ive been working on that, so im glad to see such an improvement.  Guess that power walking and healthy eating is paying off :)
And last, id like to share the giveaway i won over at Marie's blog!  Jordyn is modeling two lovely beaded snowflake necklaces.  When Marie drew my name, she decided to make a miniature snowflake for Jordyn, so we could have "mother-daughter" necklaces.  Isnt that sweet...and arent they beautiful!  We LOVE them Marie....thank you sooooo much!  We've already worn them a few times :)
May you all have a hauntastically fabulous halloween!

6 comments:

Marie Alton said...

Sounds like you've been really busy ... mayhem & madness for sure!

Glad you are enjoying your prizes & Jordyn modelled them so well!

Hugs ... Marie

Country Whispers said...

Looks like you've definitely had a busy week. I'm not so sure that I'm ready for the snow yet but I love your picture of it. Your house all covered in snow looks awful cozy and inviting.

Tammy said...

Wowzer Girl, I'm exhausted just reading about your week. Looks like Jordyn had a fun birthday party to go to and I love that everybody won a prize. I also love how Dad lets her color on his back, that is way to cute - what a great daddy!! And the snow, omg, snow already, well I guess it's almost November, but jeez, I don't wnat to think about snow yet. Stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Christmas and not Halloween! Hope you still manage to get some trick or treating done :o)

Jeanne said...

Looks as if you had a great week, and i am sooooooo jealous of that snow. Oh I miss snow so much in Texas! Looks just beautiful and a perfect day to make bread. Cheers to you! Jeanne

Lynda said...

I though things were hectic here, but looks like you're ready for a bit of peace and quiet!