Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Snow of the Season ~

 Today was our first snow of the season...and it was lovely!
 We wanted to keep our tomatoes warm though, so we switched out a regular bulb for a heat lamp...
 then we let the kittens out to experience their first snow...
 Nosey did not dig it at all, but Trash was a little more curious...
 However, when she got to the snow, she paced back and forth meowing...i guess she didnt like stepping on the wet, chilly white stuff!
 But Jordyn LOVED it!
Happy snow day everyone~

5 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

So pretty!!! I really do like snow, more so now that I don't have to try to get to work in it!!!

Jeanne said...

Pretty! Ours melted off the same morning, but the season is definitely coming :) Thanks for the words of encouragement the other day -- it's just a slow recovery. One day at a time here ...
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... So early! I hope the UK doesn't follow...mind you we had 29C last weekend and now we are down to 15C! Bizarro weather!

Country Whispers said...

I look forward to the first flakes every year. It's a bit early though for them here in our area so I'll just have to enjoy your snow pic until then.
Stay warm!

camp and cottage living said...

This is so beautiful!!
I do love snow, but I'm still enjoying the fall colors as long as I can.
Your Jordyn is adorable. Is she about 6? I have a little grandaughter who is going to be 8 soon. She loves the outdoors also.