We just dropped Jordyn off at school, and its official...we have a kindergartner! Justin took the morning off so he could ride up with us, which was great, because when Mommy got emotional, he stayed in the classroom and took the photos. :)
Im not sad to see her starting kindergarten, just proud and excited for this giant milestone in her life. Kindergarten in rural schools are full days, so she will be there all day with the rest of the kids...a big step indeed!
Here she is modeling her new school outfit (courtesy of her Godmother Christy)...i just love the tutu-like skirt! You probably recognize it, as she wore it during rogue camp during the treasure hunt. Personally, i love her Scooby-Doo crocs and Scooby-Doo lunch box!
Most of the kids take the bus, so even though we were 10 minutes early, the kids were already in their seats...so here she is saying hi to all her friends and showing off her Scooby-Doo lunch box. Look how excited she is! Hurray for Kindergarten!!!





6 comments:
Oh Lisa ... the first day of kindergarten has to be one of the most emotional days for parents!
I'm certain I had tears in my eyes as I left Tim there on his first day.
Truly a milestone ... your baby is starting school ... for the whole day ... and while you will miss her ... she'll be hsving fun learning & socializing ... while you'll have some free time to do whatever ... clean ... create ... or simply listen to the birds!
My next milestones ... DD turns 19... which is legal age here! DS turns 21 ... which is also his "King BD" (his BD is Nov.21st)
My 2 nephews turn a year old on Aug. 25th ... wow how time flies!
It's a never-ending barrage of firsts in life ... enjoy each one as they come!
Hugs ... Marie
My kids took the bus, I remember thinking "how can I let my baby get on there all alone", lol. Now the years start to fly by!!!!
Oh my..when did she grow up so fast! She looks so confident and ready for school...I bet she will take to it like a duck to water!
I love this!!! I am so happy that she wore the outfit I got for her, completely made my day to feel included in the first day fun!!! I love you guys so much, love watching her grow, and seeing what great parents you and Justin are! I love you 'Cous :) happy schooling
Wow, she's growing up... I was wondering whether she'd go full day or not, as it seemed so impractical to only go half a day when you live out in the middle of nowhere.
My milestone for the year is having a second child start secondary school - yes, I am getting old!
Congratulations Mom and way to go Jordyn!!
Jack went to full day Kindergarten when he started and didn't have any trouble. It such a fun step in their lives where a whole new world opens up to them.
The dinner table discussions will get lots more interesting as Jordyn has new material to share with the two of you...what a joy!
Post a Comment