The river is nice and low at this time of year, so its perfect for Jordyn to play in...and dont worry, we weren't sending her downstream on that inner tube...its actually tied to a rope!
She loves to climb out on these rocks and pick off all the moss...and then she likes to throw it at the kittens....look out kitties!
Today we headed over to Jordyn's school for kindergarten testing, and i am proud to report she did fantastic! I was worried she would be a little rusty after the Summer break, but the teacher was really pleased with her skill level. I wish i could take credit for it, but really the credit must go to Ms. Bev and Ms. Donna, her preschool teachers. Thank you ladies!
So, to celebrate, we went over to the Hill Top General Store for some ice cream! This is the cutest little store...filled with all kinds of crafts and antiques, as well as groceries, and each room is uniquely decorated.
Of course, the view out side the store is rather lovely too...
ahhh...the dog days of Summer...
p.s. be sure to check out my 500th post blog giveaway...ill be drawing a name on Sunday!








5 comments:
We really hate to see the summer end too!
Wishing Jordyn a great first day back.
I used to love the feeling in the air of school getting close. Getting school supplies, gym shoes, school clothes. Wonderful memories you are making for Jordyn.
Love the summer photos and Jordyn is so cute - and growing so fast in the time that I've been following your blog - I can't believe it's time for kindegarden. I hope she loves it and does well - sounds like she is more than prepared and ready. Love the looks of that general store, wish I could visit it - maybe someday!! Hugs!!
Ahh the duck days of summer!
You are such a FUN Mom!!
Post a Comment