Monday, August 15, 2011

500th Post Giveaway and Quilt Show ~

 Thats right folks...can you believe this is my 500th post!!!  When i started blogging, i had no idea how much i would truly enjoy it...meeting so many wonderful people on line, learning so much, and of course, when the year is up, i have my blog printed into a book and its a fabulous keepsake for my family. (at least, thats how i justify all my time on the computer :)  Anyways, please read to the end to find out about my giveaway.
 The annual craft fair and quilt show was last Saturday and we had quite a turn out!  Folks look forward to this all year, however, last years show was canceled due to the construction of the fire station, so this year, it was not to be missed.  There were over 70 quilts to view, which made it difficult to vote for my favorite one.  They all had their own beauty and charm to them...but i posted a few photos of some of my favorites...



 I had three quilts in the show this year, two created by me, and one that was purchased on ebay.  Its always fun to participate in the quilt show, its humbling and inspiring at the same time!  The quilters in this canyon are amazing.  Theres a quilt group in the canyon called the Poudre Piecmakers, and every year they make a quilt to raffle off.  I havent won yet, but i keep buying my tickets!
 And now its time for the 500th post giveaway...
These two gorgeous patterns have been in my stash for a couple years now, and neither one has been used.  I would love to make them someday, but as its been a few years, i dont think it will be anytime soon...so they should go to a home that will use them and love them :)  To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment on this post and i will draw a name on Sunday.  Please tell me what you enjoy about my blog, and if you are new to my blog, tell me how you found it and i hope you will visit again :) 

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Oooh, first to comment - is that a good omen? I love reading your stories of life in the mountains and looking at "photo of the week" although being on week 32 is kind of scary! Where has all the time gone?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 500 posts...I'm about to hit that milestone too!

trooppetrie said...

oh man these quilts are amazing

Country Whispers said...

I'd love to be entered into your giveaway. I love visiting your blog and seeing what pics you have taken. I've been a follower for a good little while and I'll for sure be back!

Darlene said...

So glad to find your blog. I have been reading it for about a week now and I keep coming back. Congrats on your 500th post. Keep it going.
Darlene

Nik said...

I love reading your blog as your way of life is so different from anything here in England. Imagine if a bear walked through my garden at night..... My dogs would have a fit and probably hide under the bed.

Wilma Lee said...

How did I miss this post???? You know I enjoy watching how your life with Jordyn parallels to what mine was like when I was your age. I hope to meet you someday....