Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our New Ice Skating Pond ~


Last night Justin scraped the snow off the pond to create our own personal ice skating rink.

Jordyn was pretty upset that we didnt have skates for her, but she isnt allowed to ice skate till we get her some knee pads and a helmet.

So she got to sled around the ice instead :) But after being out there myself, im thinking it wouldnt hurt if Justin and i got helmets too! I suck at ice skating, and fell several times today...didnt do much skating growing up in LA!

Of course, cousin Jack had to get in on the fun!

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Aunt LeAnn had to come down and check out the action...her and Mason Dog approve!
Hope everyone is enjoying the New Year...its been chilly, but fun!

6 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Looks like GREAT fun!!!! Love your new blog header.

Lynda said...

I suppose it's colder where you are and the ice is well and truly frozen - we are always warned to keep off ponds, just in case. I've only ever skated at a rink, so would be even worse thn you!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And how fun is that? Your little girl is lucky to have such a wonderful place to grow up :o)

Tammy said...

What a good time you all had, i would love to be able to do that, but as clumsy as i am, i'd need all the padding, a helmut, the whole nine yards. you guys sure know how to have fun and make the best of the cold mountain weather. i admire all that you do.

Anonymous said...

You've just reminded me of a fond childhood memory. Where I grew up our house bordered a lake (actually part of the St. Lawrence Seaway) and in the winter it would freeze over and was thick enough to walk/skate on. I spent hours skating up and down on the lake and had a wonderful time. Somehow I don't remember it being cold, must be a kid thing as I suspect I would feel it now.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful family pictures!
Jeanne :)