Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tis the Season...


Well, the decorations are up, and Jordyn seems to enjoy all the lights and colors! We had to forgo a few things this year...glass ornaments on the tree...fragile trinkets and curios...you know...all the attractive nuisances! :) As usual, i am stunned and confused as to how it could be Christmas time already! Naturally, i am waaaaay behind on the homemade gifts i had such grand plans of making this year! I still hope to finish a few items, but should be realistic and just order gift cards :) Most of my gifts have to be mailed, so that cuts into my creating time as well. You know, its not like Christmas is a big surprise...its the same time every year, and every year it seems to sneak up on me! Like someone moved it when i wasnt looking :) Still, i love this time of year...the music, the shopping, the colors! Im going to Denver next week to visit family for a while, and get my taste of city life again. Looking forward to dining at restaurants, shopping in malls, and visiting Santa. Those things that most folks dread are a treat for us mountain folk! :)
Besides, my best friend, aka Jordyn's Godmother, lives there, so we should have a blast!
cheers~
lisajo

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You just descibed how I feel about Christmas I love it but it always comes at me fast. I have three quilts I'm sending to OK .I have to have them done soon. Just need to finish the binding on two of them.
Sheri

Lynda said...

I too love Christmas. Here in England the nights draw in very early at this time of year (the sun set at 16.25 on Wednesday and rose at 7.32) but I don't mind that before Christmas, as it gives more opportunity for us all to enjoy the Christmas lights and decorations. Obviously, after the longest day on the 21st December the nights start - slowly - drawing out, so the worst of the darkness is over.