Sunday, November 25, 2007

Swap Goodies


Here are the swap squares i mentioned in my last blog...i participated in two swaps, the Christmas Swap and the Batik Jacobs Ladder Swap. I am very pleased with both sets and cant wait to include them with the other blocks i rcvd from previous swaps. I should have enough to make some decent sized quilts now :) I seem to be collecting a lot of squares, but havent put them into quilts yet...guess i better get started, or the squares will take over the house :) Didnt get any sewing done today...i had to work this morning and then we spent the afternoon collecting firewood for the winter...a never ending task! I have a few deadlines to make this week for some quilt squares and a scroll, so i hope to post more pics soon!
cheers~lisajo

4 comments:

loulee said...

Have fun with your blocks.

I remember collecting and chopping and stacking firewood. It seemed to go on forever.

Sheri said...

Nice blocks. I've collected but never chopped firewood sounds like good exersize:)

black bear cabin said...

Actually, Justin does all of the chopping and i do the collecting :) We cut down the dead trees behind the house for firewood (that is, if the beaver doesnt beat us to it...of course he likes the live ones), but after some strong winds recently a few of them blew down and made the job a little easier ;) I love a real fire though, so its totally worth it! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my site ladies :)
cheers~
lisajo

Lynda said...

Great blocks - both the stars and the ladders. Never collected firewood, except from the pile outside the gite in France where we roasted chesnuts in the subsequent fire!