Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November Bday Block Swap


Well, i finally attempted a paper-pieced block, and it was a lot of fun! Took me a while to wrap my brain around laying it out and cutting the right size pieces of fabric, but once it sunk in, it went rather smoothly. This square was created for Nell, or shall i call her Miss November :) Its for the Bday Block Swap, and her theme was all things nautical with teal somewhere in the block!

I had a different block all picked out, and sure enough, someone else beat me to it, so i had to choose another. I wanted to make her a lighthouse, but couldn't find the right size pattern for her (most of them were rectangles...or applique'...and I'm not quite ready to tackle applique' yet)....so i designed this one. I learned a lot, and i hope to design more in the future. Anyways, thats how i spent my afternoon! Hope she likes it! :)

cheers~
lisajo

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Hi Lisajo.
I love the light house. I just learned to PP about a year ago. And I love it too. Wish I tried it earlier.
Sheri

Kathi said...

I love your lighthouse block!

Lynda said...

Foundation piecing gives great results, but if the pieces are a funny shape, they can be the devil to get right! (On one occasion I had four goes at getting a shape which, when flipped, covered the space it was supposed to!) Looks like your spatial awareness is spot-on, Lisa-Jo!

loulee said...

Thats a lovely block.