Thursday, November 8, 2007

Projects at the Blackbear


So, I've decided to post a few photos of the projects I'm working on...normally i like to wait till they are finished, but since i have soooo many going on (with none of them near completion) i thought i would share my progress so far...to show there actually is some progress :) I'm also hoping it will inspire me to finish some of them, so that i may tackle the other ideas i have brewing inside me :) Unfortunately, i was hoping to have these in the mail to my sisters before Halloween, but i guess i can throw them in with their Christmas gifts! I wanted to try the carefree nine patch pattern, so i dragged out my Halloween fabric and made these...and decided to sew them into table runners. Originally i was going to make a small lap quilt, but then thought they might not look good together, so i made these instead. Now that i see them all laid out, they probably would look cute together, but i now have three gifts instead of one! I started machine quilting the witches runner, but I'm not sure if i like it or not...so ill have to come back to it later :)


Yesterday i completed 3 sets of Batik Jacobs Ladder Squares for a swap on about.com. This is the second round...the first round i rcvd 12 squares, and decided i liked them so much that i wanted to participate in another swap to make a larger quilt, so this is one of three color choices i did. I mailed them out today, from home, using a scale and the internet to determine the postage. If all goes well, i might do all of my mailing this way...i hate driving an hour to town just to mail off one envelope! Of course, if it goes well, i may be participating in a lot more swaps too, so look out! :) Well, now that those are out the door, i better get started on the birthday block swap square for November...she requested anything nautical with teal as the main fabric....anyone have any quilt square ideas? Would love to hear your suggestions!
Cheers~
lisajo

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love, love, love your table runners! What a cute idea. You've definitely given mes some Halloween inspiration!

Becca
(beakiebean)

Lynda said...

The nine patches are super - what fantastic fabrics! They are the kind of fabrics I'd be reluctant to use up, they're such fun. I also love the colours of the Jacob's ladder block - blue and lime green, just my colour scheme!