
So here is the October Block for the Bday Swap Kate is running. I didnt do a September block because that person never got around to making mine (which was in July). She has a lot of family obligations right now, so i sent her an email telling her not to worry about making one, and i wouldnt make her one either so she wouldnt feel stressed. So when October rolled around i was anxious to get back into the swap, and created this crazy square. I didnt realize how many pieces were in the square when i first started...what the hell was i thinking :) heheheh This is a beginner friendly group and i was trying to stretch my skills a bit. Im just glad i only had to make one...i couldnt imagine having to make a whole set of these squares....whew!
I hope Becca likes it...the other square she rcvd looked more old style Halloween with more subdued colors...very pretty...but Halloween to me means crazy fun...so thats what i made...a crazy fun star! By the way the color didnt photograph well...the skeleton fabric is actually purple, not blue.
There is another swap going on i wish i could participate in, a Doll Quilt. The woman running that swap posted this photo of someones sewing room covered in doll sized quilts.....it looks awesome! Here is that photo...........

I am totally inspired by this photo and want to do the same to my place! Wouldnt this look pretty on the inside of a log cabin? The one problem living in an old log cabin, very dark and not enough color. This would certainly fix that! Anyways, the swap deadline is coming up and i have too many other commitments right now :( doh! Guess ill just have to make my own until the next swap comes along. I do love the idea of finishing an entire quilt in such a short amount of time...perhaps i can try my hand at applique with a small one. Something ive wanted to try for a while, but on a small scale to start. Well, i suppose i should be sewing instead of rambling! Have a creative prolific weekend!
Cheers~
lisajo
7 comments:
Hi Lisajo, thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I LOVE this block. very fun and bright and wonderful. Those fabrics are awesome too - love the skeleton on blue and the BOO! you did a great job.
That's a fantastic block, Lisajo -- Lots and lots of pieces, and you did a great job on it!
Love your fabrics - I'm a sucker for bright and unusual fabrics, and have a small collection of orange too. I think the block looks fantastic, but agree, to do a whole quilt of those blocks would be too much work!
Nice Hallowe'en block, LisaJo. Haven't done mine yet, though I think I know what I'm going to do. It won't be Hallowe'en fabrics, though (don't have any) just colours...
As for the dollquilt swap, I'm sure there will be another one - or maybe you could find a few friends to be in one next year, if you can't find an already established one.
The halloween block looks great!
I wish you could have joined the doll swap. If it is successful I may consider hosting them once a quarter.
Wow! I love your October block. Halloween fabric never appeals to me until I see it in a setting like your block. Did you hand-letter the "Boo"?
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I checked out your blog and I am so impressed. You have so much energy!
Many blogs have Flashback Fridays. I enjoy them because you never know what will come up. It wasn't an original idea of mine.
Happy quilting,
Christine
Post a Comment