
Well, i wish i could say that i spent the day quilting, but it was just too nice out! Instead, jordyn and i went on a little journey around the island and found lots of cool rocks and sticks.
I have so many unfinished projects, and yet i keep starting more...in fact i just ordered some more fabric today...somebody stop me! :) I have grand plans for christmas gifts this year though, so wish me luck! I started a new christmas tradition with jordyn last year...each christmas i want to present her with some sort of quilt...be it a blanket, a wall hanging, or a table runner, etc....that is my goal, and i think it will be fun to try coming up with something new and fun each year. Her first christmas (last year), she rcvd a blue and green flannel rag quilt with skating reindeer on it. It was the first rag quilt i had ever made, and it was so easy to make. But im getting ahead of myself...right now i am working on some Halloween table runners. I hope to complete a few of them to sell at our local craft fair and quilt show next weekend to help raise money for our EMS. I was hoping to enter some in the quilt show, but i dont think i wil have anything ready in time. I try to enter something every year, though it ends up being about every other year. I always gift out the quilts i make, so i never have any to show.
I am amazed at the amount of work some of you can do in a day...(ex: Kate) :) Very productive indeed! This inspires me, and i hope to become a more prolific artist and quilter too! That is one of the reasons i joined blogger...lots of amazing quilters that are always creating and sharing their works and ideas.
Well, its getting late, so i guess i better run.....stay tuned for more adventures!
cheers~
lisajo
2 comments:
The rocks and sticks comment struck a chord with me. When DS was small, we ended up with a pile of sticks outside our front door, which had been brought back from walks. It would have been better if we could have put them to good use, but we had no open fire and lived in the middle of a housing estate! Important though quilting is, these years with your DD are even more important!:o)
I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I didn't get very much done at all when I had a one year old :)
Post a Comment