Sunday, July 30, 2017

Renaissance Festival ~



Connie picked up tickets for all of us to go to the Renaissance Festival this weekend, so we all piled into the Titan and headed out to Castle Rock!  We got a hotel for Friday night so we could get to the Festival super early on Saturday morning, so we enjoyed dinner at the Rockyard (man was it good) and then we enjoyed the pool for a bit!

Christy and Gwen met us at the Festival gates before it opened with Mckenna and Devyn who are in town visiting right now, so we were glad we got a chance to meet up with them while they were in town.

Its probably been 20 years since I went the Renaissance Festival and I forgot what a great time it is!  There was a lot of new entertainment this year, along with some of the old favorites!  This unicorn was new and super cute!

The girls didn't know which activity to do first, but they saw the hair braiding booth and decided to get their hair done first.  I've always wanted to get mine done too, so I got in line as well.


These ladies are fast and did an excellent job!  Look how pretty Jordyn and Andreas braids are....they even added some glitter!
After getting our hair done, we enjoyed some jousting!  This was always one of my favorite shows at the festival, and the girls really enjoyed it as well.  Of course, Devyn couldn't get enough of the horse.
We watched London Broil perform, a juggling act, and they were quite funny!  In fact, we decided to join them on stage after the show for some photo ops!


The living fountain is a new addition to the festival and we loved it!  She moves around to music with water streaming out of her fingers and her head, and with her graceful movements, the water flows on and off depending on her moves.  She was lovely!  I hope she comes back again next year!

 Christy and Gwen had to leave early, so they headed off and we wandered around some more catching up with Connie and Rich.  We walked around checking out some of the shops and booths, and then Jordyn and Andrea took an elephant ride.
 We decided to get some lunch...the girls chose Squire Johns Turkey Legs, while I had a gyro and Connie got some scottish eggs.  We also gobbled up some Steak on a Stake...Yum!


 We ran into Sister Philomena Claire from the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show and got some pictures.  Their show was hilarious!
 We headed over to the Washing Well Wenches and their show was also hilarious.  They made the men in their audience do all kinds of embarrassing things, and they loved it!  Heres a shot of Rich tipping one of the wenches...he seems a bit terrified!


 The girls caught a camel ride and then tried out this harness trampoline fun.

 Jordyn was able to get some good flips going on and I think she could have spent hours in there!
 We caught the tail end of this fire breathing act which was pretty awesome...check it out!
There was a special show that weekend with cats big and small.  They had a black leopard, this white tiger and some other spectacular cats.  We had excellent seats for this show, and it was awesome!

 I made the girls climb in this fountain to take a photo like Christy and I did so many years ago.  What fun!  Then Rich and I enjoyed some Green Dragon Margaritas while the last round of jousting took place.  Those margaritas really hit the spot!
 On our way out we had to take some photos with some of the knights from the jousting tournament...this guy cracked me up trying to look all dark and sinister while the girls smile on!

 It was a super fabulous day, and we were all exhausted, so we ordered pizza at the hotel and Jordyn and I went for a swim.  The next morning we enjoyed their continental breakfast complete with a waffle bar that the girls absolutely loved.  Here they are gobbling up their whip cream laden waffles....good times!
We all had such a great time that we decided we wanted to go again next year, only this time we would all dress up in garb.  It's so much more fun to go in costume...as long as the weather is nice that is!  Better get to sewing some new garb for next summer!  I can't wait!  Thanks for a great time Connie...we LOVED it!!!

No comments: