So we were headed to town for my optometrist appointment yesterday when we passed a road worker driving some machinery down the canyon..on the back of his jacket was his name, and i thought out loud, hey, look that guys last name is COOT...what an unusual and hilarious name. Justin corrected me, that says CDOT Lisa! Doh! Perhaps I shouldn't wait 4 years before seeing the eye doc next time!
:)New glasses ordered!
Meanwhile, I had taken the day off to do some testing for a possible new job, but I decided that I wouldn't really like the hours, so since I already had the day off, I thought it might be fun to have Jordyn take a day off of school with me for some fun in town. This is her last year at RFLE and with only 8 weeks of school left, and testing coming up, I thought it would be a fun time together. Besides, I've worked the last 8 weekends, so I've missed my kiddo :) Justin came along for the fun too!We started our day by sleeping in...Jordyn woke up concerned about being late for school, to which I replied, "Surprise, we're playing hooky today!" We relaxed all morning, and then I made breakfast...sausage, fruit and a spinach and ham quiche. Then we headed to town!
We decided to walk around Old Town Fort Collins, something we NEVER do since our trips to town consist of 7-8 errands, food on the run and then gas before heading back up the canyon. Jordyn has never explored old town, so it was fun showing her all around. The last time Justin and I walked around old town was probably 15 years ago (I know...we're lame).
We bought some delicious chocolates from a fancy cookery store, stopped in an old-time candy store and bought more fun treats, then we went into the nature store, where Jordyn bought a new pair of earrings. She also got a new haircut, while I was at the eye doctors, and then we decided to get a ginormous burger at the bowling alley and play a few games!
Justin won all three games, but we all had a great time! What a fun day!












No comments:
Post a Comment