Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve ~

 We went to Ken and Kristis for Christmas Eve and enjoyed some delicious cheese soup and tilapia.  Damian and Jen were there so it was great to hang out with them!  After dinner we went into the living room for present time!
 Jordyn opened the traditional puzzle, this year it was a snowman.  We always enjoy working on a puzzle when we are up there on Christmas Eve, so once the puzzle was opened we got started on it!
 We don't really exchange gifts, just consumables, like wine, chocolates, etc...so its always fun opening our "goody" bags from Ken and Kristi.  It was filled with all kinds of stuff...smoked salmon, cheese and crackers, chocolates, etc.  There were even a couple of gift cards.  Jordyn made Uncle Damian some art and a pair of earrings for Jen, but the big gift this year was for Jordyn...


 a zip line with a seat on it!!!  The kids are gonna love playing on that!  I can't wait to try it out :)
After presents they put on a movie, "Miss Peregrines House for Peculiar Children".  I am currently reading that book, so I left early so there were no spoilers.  Besides, I had a lot of wrapping to get finished up...in fact, I was still wrapping when they came back down to the house.  Jordyn read The Night Before Christmas, and then Santa's Twin, while Justin looked on.  We were all pretty exhausted after our full day, so we crashed out pretty early.  Besides, we didn't want to prevent Santa from dropping by!

Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!

No comments: