Sunday, November 27, 2016

Tamalada Fun ~

 I was invited to my first tamalada last night, and it was a blast!  I've always wanted to learn how to make tamales, and now I can say, I learned from one of the best!  I couldn't decide if I wanted to use beef or pork, so I brought both!
 I found both the meat recipes on allrecipes.com, and they were great!  We brought our own meat, and Jo Johnson provided the rest, and then we just paid her for supplies.  We sat around drinking wine, telling stories, laughing and enjoying delicious snacks.  It was similar to a quilting circle, only a little messier!  :)
 I kept busy and made 50 tamales...overall though, we made just over 400!  My freezer is stocked with yummy goodness and I cant wait to cook up my first batch when Justin and Jordyn get home.  They love tamales!
 We wore vintage aprons that have seen many a tamaladas, courtesy of Jo's mom...so that added to the fun of the tradition!  It was a great time, and I enjoyed hanging out with these amazing women!  Bon Appetit!

No comments: