Sunday, July 10, 2016

Go ROCKIES!!!

 We went to a ballgame while TJ and Jake were here, and several of the mountain moms and their kids joined us at the game as well!  We made sure to get seats in the shade, because it was going to be a scorcher, and man am I glad we did!
 They had a lot of fun things going on at the stadium that day....we got free metal water bottles as a give-away when we arrived, then they had about 8 soldiers parachute into the stadium, and then they did the jumbo flag presentation by some of our military.  It reminded me of when Christy and I did it last year.  Very cool indeed!
 The kids all had a blast goofing off together in the back row...they ate their weight in junk food and enjoyed squirting each other with water bottles to keep cool.  The moms enjoyed margaritas and beer, and TJ and Jake enjoyed the whole thing!

 We wore our neck coolers to keep cool, and man was that awesome...it was almost 100 degrees out!

 Last time Jordyn and I were at the stadium we noticed that they had Rocky Mountain Oysters, which I had never tried, so with TJ in tow, I asked her if she was game to try them....naturally she was, so we decided to go for it!
 hmmmmm......for some reason i expected them to be round?  :) heheheheheh
 Here we go...taking our first bite while Jordyn photobombs us!
 They weren't too bad actually, though the last one was a bit chewy and grisly.  Once we polished of the oysters the jokes began...me: "that was one tough nut to crack".....Jake: "that was pretty ballsy of you guys to try"...me: "I think I have some testicle stuck in my teeth"...and it just got uglier from there :)


 What a great time we all had!  After the game we headed up the mountains to our place for cooler weather!  Hooray!  (oh, and the Rockies lost against the Phillys if you were wondering....boo!)

No comments: