Tuesday, June 28, 2016

ISTE 2016 ~

 I went to the ISTE conference today....can you guess where it was? Here is another clue...
 Thats right, the big blue bear....I was at the Colorado Convention Center and it was my first time inside the building...Ive always just driven by to take photos of big blue on the outside!  :)   What does ISTE stand for you might ask...International Society for Technology in Education, so yes, my school district paid for me to attend and it was fabulous!
 There were lots of classes and presentation boards, etc, but one of my favorite spots was the "playground".  This is where you could explore new tools, gadgets, etc and ask questions to learn all you could about these new toys and ways to use them in the classroom.  They have such cool things out for kids now!





 I cant wait to get some of this stuff in our classroom to make stations for the kids to explore!  Im already devising a plan to approach our PTO for money to purchase some of this cool stuff!  After exploring that stuff, I went upstairs to check out the expo....and boy was that massive!
 While up there, i got to meet Floyd Little, retired Hall of Fame Star from the Denver Broncos.  I got in line to get his autograph for my Aunt Gwen...I knew she would love it!
 I also admired his gorgeous ring....just look at the size of that thing!
 Anyways, it was on to more booths and fun, including the GoNoodle booth.  They were giving away a lot of silly prizes, which naturally I brought home for Jordyn.
 Then I took one more photo upstairs of me and the big blue bear and then it was time to go.  Christy dropped me off and Beas picked me up so I didnt have to worry about parking, which was awesome! All in all, a super fabulous, informative and fun time!  Thanks for making it possible Christy!

No comments: