Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcoming 2013!!!

 Happy New Year Everyone!  We brought in the new year with full bellies of shrimp, lobster and crab...and LeAnn also made the famous cheese soup family recipe!  Yum!
 We feasted well and enjoyed a tasty bottle of Gewurztraminer.  Jordyn had seconds of the cheese soup, but really enjoyed the crab!  Here she is disappointed when a crab leg turned up empty :)
 After eating all that rich food, we lounged around enjoying cocktails and great conversation.  I needed to get motivated or i wouldnt make it to midnight, so we decided to play some games and then we danced around the house to Queen.  LeAnn crashed out on us for a while, while Jordyn and Daddy enjoyed his new graphic novel from Aunt Leann, Castle (like the tv show).
 At some point, Jordyn decided to pull a pesky loose tooth...she came out of the bathroom bloody and proud :)  Hope the tooth fairy isnt too busy celebrating to stop by on New Years Eve!
 Then it was time for some fireworks!  We lit some off up at LeAnns place, and then we headed down to Menas to light some there too!  Man was it chilly!  It was 9 degrees outside, but felt a heck of a lot colder!  BRRRRRRRRR!
 We had sparklers, fountains, flowers, battleships, tanks, and of course a pagoda!
 Then Mena dragged out the big guns for the grand finale...
 while Jordyn added numerous layers trying to stay warm...her fun meter was just about tapped! 
 and the countdown begins...
 Our neighbor, Pete, decided to join us, so we were six freezing souls ringing in the New Year with beer, laughter and a sparkly show!  Happy New Year Everyone!!!


2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun New Years Eve. And your feast sounds so delicious, if I'd have known I would have come over, I could have brought you WA wines, oh well it would have been a really long drive, so best that I stayed home. Don't ya love me inviting myself, oy vey. So glad you have a wonderful New Years Eve, I slept through it and was happy enough to wish CR a Happy New Year at 8am. I'm a ball of fire can you tell!! Hugs.

Lynda said...

Happy new Year to you! We went round to a friend's and celebrated at a party - eating, drinking, dancing and then at the chimes of Big Ben (in London) a redition of 'Auld langs ayne'. Perfect.