It was 96 degrees up here today, which is pretty hot for the canyon! So, what do we do to cool off....besides going in the river....water guns and slip n slides......
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Earlier this week we picked up some school supplies for Jordyn...she has her list from school and is having a lot of fun picking things out. I love her lunch box choice!
Thanks to my little garden helper, i might actually have a decent harvest this year. Of course, everything is a bit behind due to the weird weather we had this summer...but look at those cherries...
Dont they look delicious? Yeah...the birds thought so too...so i had to pick most of them this weekend before they snagged em all. I think i have enough for one pie though, so that works for me!
Jordyn was a little disappointed i wouldn't let her eat more of them off the tree, but she agrees a pie would be delicious too...so we compromised...she got some, i got some, and the birds got some.
Looks like the bear got some too...from the freezer that is! We share a freezer with Justin's Aunt up front, and it seems someone left the garage door open on Thursday night and this is what we found Friday morning. doh! He didnt get away with much...a few pounds of meat and some fish, but sadly, he destroyed the freezer. Anyways, thats our weekend on the mountain...stay cool! :)










3 comments:
Your cherries look delicious!!!! The birds feasted on my blackberries and blueberries too, lol. Next year I think I will try to cover with netting. But our bear hasn't been back since we got an enclosed composter....
The water activities look like a lot of fun and the cherries look delicious. The bear mishap - that doesn't look like fun to clean up or to have to buy a new freezer. Sorry that happened to y'all.
I couldn't work out what those luscious fruits were - they looked like tomatoes at first sight! Then I saw the useful caption! WE don't have bears round here, although there are occasionally foxes which do a bit of damage.
Post a Comment