Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Cold, Summer Fun ~

I havent blogged for a while, so i suppose i should get caught up!  Memorial weekend brought on nasty weather, so the big family camping trip up here got canceled.  I suppose it worked out for the best though, as i got really sick!  Jordyn was kind enough to share her nasty bug with me, and after a few weeks of feeling miserable, i finally went in to the doc to see what was up....well, turns out, i had an ear infection, a sinus infection and pink eye....good grief!  Im on day three of the antibiotics and feeling much better already!
The kittens are happy in their new home, and we just love them!  We still havent come up with a name for them yet...we have had many wonderful suggestions and ideas, but none quite seem to fit...so for now they are both "kitty"  :)
Somehow i finally managed to get my garden planted, nasty phlegm and all...and it turned out rather nice i think.  I planted zucchini, summer squash, roma tomatoes (in the cold frame), snap peas, beans, eggplant, basil, cilantro, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, and spinach.  Im trying a few new things this year, so it should be fun to see what happens.  I have a lot of rogue cilantro growing in my garden from last year, and thats just fine by me!
After Memorial weekend, the weather finally cleared up, the sun came out, and it finally felt like summer.  We have been outside every day since, and its been wonderful! 
 Here are some shots of our neighbor, Mena, playing with Jordyn...they were having a blast together playing pony rescue and foam swords.
 Yep...Summer has finally arrived!  Hurray!

3 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Boy, can I relate to your summer cold. I went to Ohio for a weekend to visit grandkids and they sent me home with a bad cold that went from runny nose, to sinus, to chest cold and now this lingering cough. Gotta stay away from the little ones, lol.

Tammy said...

Wow Lisa, sorry to hear you got so sick, and pink eye on top of it, ugh, what a time you've had. Love the pictures and the garden sounds awesome. You've been a busy sick person. Hugs and feel better soon!!

Salem Stitcher said...

I'm getting caught up on blogs - been out of commission for a bit myself. I'm glad your triple whammy is getting better. Pink eye alone is enough to make me feel like crap! And still you got a lot done!