Friday, September 10, 2010

Stay at Home Robin : Square 3


For those of you following along to Kates Stay at Home Robin, this is block 3. I am doing two quilts...one with a Winter theme and one with a Halloween theme. Im really enjoying the progress, though i must admit its difficult for me not knowing what each step will be.

Designing unusual size blocks is a new one for me too...but so far, i think im doing pretty good. Not sure about the latest addition to the Halloween quilt though...i love the fabric, but now it seems too busy. Perhaps when the other squares are added it will grow on me.

And now for some random photos from yesterday...

Jordyn decided to have a little birthday party celebration and look who was lucky enough to be invited! Doesnt Spooky look thrilled :)

The deer decided to pay us a visit...havent seen them all summer, which is why i was able to keep a garden, but since the season is over, i welcome their company!

and finally...Justin gets out the fiddle to practice for a piece he plans to play at Berdenas memorial and Jordyn decides to accompany him. Never a dull moment at the Black Bear!

5 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

What a lovely post! I love your blocks and am right there with you in being uncomfortable not seeing the end result first! Love the deer photo and father and daughter playing.. soooo sweet! She'll be a fully fledged fiddler before you know it! Thanks for sharing.

Lynda said...

It's not always satisfactory not knowing what future blocks will be, but so far, your robins are looking great!

Christine Thresh said...

I think your blocks are great. Switching from one theme to another is a good way to keep interest up.
I am reading a book called The Vanishing Violinist right now. It is by Sara Hoskinson Frommer. I had to buy it used because all her books are out of print. I wish they were on Kindle.

Quilter Kathy said...

Both of your projects are so neat, but I especially love the icicles you added to the winter one.

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about the blocks. It's like walking into a busy room with a blindfold on! Your's are looking great though. No worries!