
Remember the first blocks i did for Kate's Stay at Home Robin last month? Well here they are with the second block attached. I decided to work on two quilts...one with a Winter theme and one with a Halloween theme. Each month she gives us the size and specs for the block, and after 12 months we will have a finished miniature quilt. This months block was to be 4"x6" finished. As i was perusing my box of fabrics, I remembered that i had this snowman block from Ellies BOM challenge from last year. I had this grand vision of working on 3 every month...and sadly, i only got thru the first couple months...but i wanted a snowman somewhere in my winter themed quilt, so why not use him for this. He comes up a little short, so i left the blue border on the bottom...but no worries, i have plans for that space later :)

As for the Halloween block i added, i just love these vintage postcards printed onto fabric! The photo doesnt do it much justice, but it was late and i didnt want to wait till morning to re-shoot. Its sort of hard working on a quilt when you dont know what to expect next...but that keeps it interesting and fun too! I would like to incorporate more colors in the Halloween quilt, so i hope i dont sew myself into a corner...but for now, i think it works! Have a fabulous weekend!
2 comments:
Isn't it lovely not only to find an orphan block which you'd not used up, and then to use it! saves time, work and makes you feel thrifty too! the blocks are looking great. Where did you get your fabric postcard from?
I love your quilt blocks. The Halloween one is neat. I love to quilt, too, but just can't seem to manage my time enough to do much of it any more. I have lots of material, tho, so I'm going to try to do some when I get the chance.
Post a Comment