
Its starting to get chilly at night, so i thought i better pick the basil before it was too late...that and i didnt want Justin and Jordyn to eat it all :) I made enough for two batches, one of which i put in the freezer. Its soooo easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Here is the recipe if anyone is interested...
Basil Pesto
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup to 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (consistency to your liking)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Then stir in cheese! If freezing, do not add the cheese and drizzle a layer of olive oil on top. Then add cheese when defrosted and ready to use :)

And since my cilantro did so well this year, i decided to make some cilantro pesto as well! Use the above recipe, and substitute the cilantro for the basil! Enjoy!
2 comments:
Just can't imagine ground up green things could taste good, lol.
Hi there,I just found your blog and I really have enjoyed reading through it..I am gonna add you as someone I follow...Andora
Post a Comment