Monday, December 14, 2009

Something for Jordyn's teachers ~


Well, after a long break from these, i dragged them out and finished them tonight to send to school with Jordyn tomorrow :) (and yes, i took the photo before i had sewn down the buttons) I wanted to make something special for her teachers, for several reasons, but especially because they may close down the school, which will put these teachers out of work, and i wanted to remind them of how important they are in my daughters life. I put a label on the back with the quote..."What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation?” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (i just hope our state realizes this!)
I REALLY hope they dont close the school, it would be devastating to the community, but the real crime would be losing these wonderful teachers!

5 comments:

loulee said...

They are great. I'm sure they will be loved and appreciated for many years.
Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't lose the school.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful and as a pre-school teacher myself I know both your work and the sentiment will be well appreciated!

Christine Thresh said...

How cute those are. I am sure the teachers will treasure them. The quote you used is very good.

Karen said...

You have certainly gotten into the stitching mode. Wonderful teacher gifts. Something they will certainly remember Jordyn by.

Lynda said...

As a teacher, I can be certain Jordyn's will appreciate the time expended and the sentiment behind these gorgeous gifts!